Sunday, July 29, 2007

Distraction

My textbook is wide open in front of me...crying out for me to read it...huhu...sorry buku....why am I so lazy huh? I soo want to read and study but there are too many distractions around me...I once remember watching one episode of Malcolm in the Middle where Malcolm's eldest brother need to study to pass an examination that was soo important....but he was so easily distracted that he was forced to study in an empty room with nothing with him except for his textbook...but..to his delight, he was able to find a reason to distract him from studying, a strand of hair or a dust, I can't really remember....thank you Allah that I'm not thaatt baadly distracted...but still..I have to work on my focus skills...huhuhu...it'll be bad if you're talking to someone about something serious but you are distracted by a stain on their face or even the reflection of light on their teeth (happened to me) *grin*....unimportant things becomes the only thing that we can think of at that time...how much I hate it when that happens...prevent me from doing something smoothly and the way it should be...camane nihh? =(

I guess it all come back to how we perform and carry out our deeds and ibadah ...because everything is reflected from them rite?....In my prayers, maybe I did not put enough khusyuk in it...that is why I'm so easily distracted by other stuff when I'm trying to finish my chores and works...sounds logical? let us all think about this for a moment shall we?

A hadith to reflect on this...(tanak cakap blindly w/o any persandaran to agama)

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.

No comments: